Terms & Conditions
1. For the purposes of receiving professional SEO services, Client agrees to provide the following:
• Administrative/backend access to the website for analysis of content and structure.
• Permission to make changes for the purpose of optimisation, and to communicate directly with any third parties, e.g. your web designer, if necessary.
• Unlimited access to existing website traffic statistics for analysis and tracking purposes.
• If required – A clientwebsite email address for the purposes of requesting links (something like email@example.com).
• Authorisation to use client pictures, logos, trademarks, web site images, pamphlets, content, etc. for any use as deemed necessary by Smarter Media Ltd for search engine optimisation purposes.
• If Client’s site is lacking in textual content, Client will provide additional text content in electronic format for the purpose of creating additional or richer web pages. Smarter Media Ltd can create site content at additional cost to the Client. If Client is interested in purchasing content from Smarter Media Ltd please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for a quotation.
2. Client must acknowledge the following with respect to SEO services:
• All fees are non-refundable and Smarter Media Ltd require a full campaign months notice to cease any campaign. Any invoices issued during this period are payable in full, services will cease at the end of the invoiced month following the notice period.
• All fees, services, documents, recommendations, and reports are confidential.
• Smarter Media Ltd has no control over the policies of search engines with respect to the type of sites and/or content that they accept now or in the future. The Client’s website may be excluded from any directory or search engine at any time at the sole discretion of the search engine or directory.
• Due to the competitiveness of some keywords/phrases, ongoing changes in search engine ranking algorithms, and other competitive factors, Smarter Media Ltd does not guarantee #1 positions or consistent top 10 positions for any particular keyword, phrase, or search term.
• Google has been known to hinder the rankings of new websites (or pages) until they have proven their viability to exist for more than “x” amount of time. This is referred to as the “Google Sandbox.” Smarter Media Ltd assumes no liability for ranking/traffic/indexing issues related to Google Sandbox penalties.
• Occasionally, search engines will drop listings for no apparent or predictable reason. Often, the listing will reappear without any additional SEO. Should a listing be dropped during the SEO campaign and does not reappear within 30 days of campaign completion, Smarter Media Ltd will re-optimise the website/page based on the current policies of the search engine in question.
• Some search directories offer expedited listing services for a fee. If the Client wishes to engage in said expedited listing services (e.g., paid directories), the Client is responsible for all paid for inclusion or expedited service fees. Smarter Media Ltd can offer a list of expedited listing services upon request.
• Linking to “bad neighbourhoods” or getting links from “link farms” can seriously damage all SEO efforts. Smarter Media Ltd does not assume liability for the Client’s choice to link to or obtain a link from any particular website without prior consultation.
3. Smarter Media Ltd is not responsible for changes made to the website by other parties that adversely affect the search engine rankings of the Client’s website.
4. Additional Services not listed herein (such as managing pay-per click campaigns, copywriting, link baiting, etc.) will be provided for a fee charged at the standard fee per hour.
5. The Client guarantees any elements of text, graphics, photos, designs, trademarks, or other artwork provided to Smarter Media Ltd for inclusion on the website above are owned by the Client, or that the Client has received permission from the rightful owner(s) to use each of the elements, and will hold harmless, protect, and defend Smarter Media Ltd and its subcontractors from any liability or suit arising from the use of such elements.
6. Smarter Media Ltd is not responsible for the Client overwriting SEO work to the Client’s site. (e.g. Client/webmaster uploading over work already provided/optimised). The Client will be charged an additional fee for re-constructing content, based on the standard hourly rate. Notwithstanding any other provision of this Agreement.
All fees quoted are excluding VAT.